Copyright © 2010 All Rights Reserved | City Government of Makati
We are continually developing the site to serve you better. If there are any concerns, please contact us.
Best viewed on Internet Explorer Version 7 or higher
1. Acceptance of terms. The Makati City Portal Welcomes you. By Using the Makati City Portal you are subject to the Terms and Agreement of Service that is provided. We reserve the right to review and change the policies from time to time without notice. Further enhancements on the services will be dependent on the changes and improvements to the site. PLEASE READ THE TERMS AND AGREEMENTS BEFORE USING THE MAKATI CITY PORTAL.
2. Description of Services The Makati City Portal provides different government services that can be done online using a web browser. In order to maintain security, Users will have to register will have to follow the terms and agreements provided in the site. The services provided are "AS IS" and will undergo changes to further improve the service. You are also responsible for obtaining access to the Service, and that access may involve third-party fees (such as Internet service provider or airtime charges). You are responsible for those fees, including those fees associated with the display or delivery of advertisements. In addition, you must provide and are responsible for all equipment necessary to access the Service. And please be aware that these services will require an initial registration to the Makati City Portal.
3. Registration to the Makati City Portal In consideration of your use of the Service, you represent that you are of legal age to form a binding contract. You also agree to provide: a. True and accurate information about yourself as prompted by the service's registration form. b. Maintain and update the information to keep it true, complete and accurate. Or if the Makati City Portal finds the information untrue, inaccurate or incomplete. The Makati City Portal has the right to terminate or suspend any accounts. And for this reason that the person should be of legal age to use The Makati City Portal.
5. MEMBER CONDUCT You understand that all information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages, tags, or other materials ("Content"), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, are the sole responsibility of the person from whom such Content originated. This means that you, and not The Makati City Portal are entirely responsible for all Content that you upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available via the Service. You acknowledge that The Makati City Portal may or may not screen content. However, The Makati City Portal Reserves the right to filter out any unwanted materials. You acknowledge, consent and agree that The Makati City Portal may access, preserve and disclose your account information and Content if required to do so by law or in a good faith belief that such access preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: a. (a) comply with legal process b. enforce the TOS c. respond to claims that any Content violates the rights of third parties d. respond to your requests for customer service e. protect the rights, property or personal safety of The Makati City Portal . You also recognizing the global nature of the Internet, you agree to comply with all local rules regarding online conduct and acceptable Content. Specifically, you agree to comply with all applicable laws.
6. Ownership of Content The content will be the property of The Makati City Portal and the registered user that posted the content. Ownership of the content will be shared between The Makati City Portal and the registered user. However The Makati City Portal reserves the right to refuse the content and be ineligible to be used even by the registered user in The Makati City Portal.
7. Indemnity You agree to indemnify and hold The Makati City Portal and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, employees, partners and licensors harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of Content you submit, post, transmit or otherwise made available through the Service, your use of the Service, your connection to the Service, your violation of the Terms and Agreement, or your violation of any rights of another.
8. No Reuse of Service or Resale You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, trade, resell or exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of the Service (including your Makati City Portal ID), use of the Service, or access to the Service.
9. Modifications of Services You agree to that The Makati City Portal reserves the right to change the service from time to time, to modify or discontinue. And in any instance The Makati City Portal will not be liable to you.
10. Termination You agree that The Makati City Portal reserves the right to terminate or suspend you account in terms of violating any of the Terms and Agreement or any Law applied to the site.
11. Links The Service may provide, or third parties may provide, links to other World Wide Web sites. The terms and conditions applied to those sites are no longer handled by The Makati City Portal and you will be subject to their own policies. And The Makati City Portal reserves the right to remove any unwanted links and other information that may deem it unfit for the site.
12. Third Party Beneficiaries You agree that there shall be no third-party beneficiaries to this agreement.
13. Intellectual Property Rights The Makati City Portal respects the intellectual property of others, and we ask our users to do the same. The Makati City Portal, in appropriate circumstances and at its discretion, will be able to disable and/or terminate the accounts of users who may be repeat infringers. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please provide The Makati City Portal Administrators the following information: 1. an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest; 2. a description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed; 3. a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the site; 4. your address, telephone number, and email address; 5. a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; 6. a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner's behalf. And further details will be sent out to you.